The San Gwann suburb is mostly made up of relatively modern buildings having been established as a parish only in 1965. However, the few scattered archeological remains found in the region suggest that San Gwann has an ancient history which is woven into the national history of Malta.
The parish church is dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes. The parish church is dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes. In the southern region of the locality, one finds an industrial estate which employs some 1900 people. These factories and the numerous shops and supermarkets in San Gwann make this township one of the biggest and most important commercial outlets on the island. Suffice it to say that on the main road alone there are no less than 80 shops. Its central location, combined with its beautiful villa areas and terraced houses have made it popular with the middle class population of the island.
Property for sale in San Gwann