Malta's Newest Town. The first buildings in Pembroke, two watch towers, were built by the Knights of the Order of St. John to safeguard the coast of Bahar ic-Caghaq. Yet, major developments were done by the British in the early 20th century who built a military base with training grounds for their soldiers.
Pembroke served as a military base until 1977 and as evidence of this one can find many colonial buildings. The oldest colonial building is Fort Pembroke which was completed in December 1879. The purpose of this fort was twofold; to protect the Grand Harbour and, to defend the right flank of the Victoria Lines. Today, the fort has been converted to an international school hosting hundreds of foreign students every year. There is also a Military Cemetery which hosts the victims of the first and second world wars.
Today the area has developed into a proper residential town. Many of the colonial buildings such as the military barracks were converted into apartments and offices for Maltese residents.
To view property in Pembroke, please find some usefull quick search links:
|Property for Sale||Property to let|
|Apartments for sale in Pembroke||Apartments to let in Pembroke|
|Maisonettes for sale in Pembroke||Maisonettes to let in Pembroke|
|Terraced Houses for sale in Pembroke||Penthouses to let in Pembroke|
|Villas for sale in Pembroke||Terraced Houses to let in Pembroke|
|Bungalows for sale in Pembroke|